Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Welcome...Cheers and Merry Christmas!

(Sorry, a little out of order - part of my 2008 goals...learn to move pictures around on the blog without starting over ;) Also, a new camera so I can take clearer pics...ENJOY!
*Note - Just click on each picture for a closer look*


A view from my living room window...

Living room...view from fireplace...


Arrangement over server in living room...I just added greenery to a grapevine wreath...


Mantel in living room....

Cabinet in entry way...



Santa and his sleigh...sits on a shelve in the basement...


Our basement mantel...


The tree was too tall this year for our star, I used ribbon instead...I like the way it turned out...


Of course our tree wouldn't be complete without the Polar Express train set underneath...


My two Angels with their best friends...


The dinning room Chandelier wrapped in ribbon and mercury glass ornaments...


I placed tiny pine cones around each light rim and place juniper berry in the middle...




This sweet Angel sits in a birdcage in the living room, I added silver glitter to her this year...



More snow flakes and juniper berry tucked in a silver creamer...



A view down the hall into my bedroom...




Stars of Hope, Peace, Joy and Faith...sits on my small server in the living room...


My favorite cabinet which you see as soon as you walk in our front door...see the cute little Angel who greets us on top on the cabinet...



One of my favorite ironstone with greenery....
A view from my couch in the living room...





These Angels are over top my server in the living room...


Candle vignette with coordinating ribbon found throughout the house...


A view of the living room from the hallway...


Our greeter when you walk in the front door...Isn't she sweet...


A view when you walk in the front door looking into the dinning room...

Doesn't it look like Christmas...the front porch...


Front porch...

The shed doors...

Another favorite...She is made of concrete...I just love her!




Tracey at acottageindustry is hosting a Holiday Virtual Tour, please visit her site to see all the wonder. Each participant will "virtually" open their doors to give you a personal look inside their homes. Hope you enjoy this fun event and get tons of decorating ideas, I know I will take notes for next year. I am sure it will be spectacular...I can't wait.



This year I decided to go natural with my Holiday decorating. When funds are low, you learn to make due with what you have. Home Depot was giving away the tree trimmings for free. Most places charge you for that. So I made a couple trips to Home Depot to make my greenery this year. My theme was fresh greenery with juniper berry (a tree in our yard) and coordinating ribbon. Sometimes, simple is enough...ENJOY!



Merry Christmas To You All!


Cheers, Theresa

19 comments:

Cathy Miller said...

Theresa-beautiful home and decorations! Thanks for the tour!

Katie said...

How beautiul! I really love the pitcher with greenery and the shed doors! Thanks for the tour ~ Have a Merry Christmas!

Anita said...

Wow!! I enjoyed the home tour so much! You have great taste and your home is beautiful! I love how simple and yet gorgeous it all is...

Anonymous said...

Your home is so fresh and crisp. The color of your walls is perfect. Thanks for the tip about Home Depot. I went to Lowe's and they charged me for the tree trimmings.

Rhondi said...

So many Christmas touches all through the house. I love it. Merry Christmas.

kari and kijsa said...

Everything looks wonderful- all the details, touches of fresh greenery, and snips of Christmas cheer throughout! We hummed a little carol as we scrolled through all the wonderfulness!!

Merry Christmas blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I really love that its so simple and tasteful! You have great taste!

Mockingbird Hill said...

I am visiting by way of Tracey's Home Tour and everything is just lovely.. Love the fresh greens and that concrete angel is so wonderful!! I think I would have to keep her out in view all year long... ;)

Have a Merry Christmas!

Cassie

Southern Heart said...

Your home is beautiful---I love your sense of style! And I enjoyed seeing all of the natural elements you used in your decorating, and those beautiful angels! Very lovely home!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for the tip, I will go and see Tracy.

Your house looks just like the one I grew up in and made me homesick for it!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Such festiveness here! Thanks so much for the tour of your wonderful home!

Merry Christmas!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Just here from the tour, and I love your home! Your decorations are lovely, and the wheat and aqua combination is my favorite!
~Angela :-)

Janet said...

Theresa,
Thanks or stopping by my "Open House", glad you enjoyed it and welcome to Blogland. I am quite new myself and still get very frustrated at times. The picture "thing" drove me nuts until I just came to terms with the fact that they load at the top and you just have to manually move each one where you want it. I look forward to posts that I don't have pictures or LOL.
Janet

Poppins said...

What a beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

I am going to hunt for free greenery next year! Thanks for the idea! Beautiful blog - great pictures! I love it all...

~Emilie

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Beautiful and inviting Theresa!
Thanks so much for sharing your home with us. This tour was so much fun!
Donna

Roberta said...

Beautiful!
May I ask what color you painted your livingroom, the color is so peaceful.

Heavenly Chic Interiors said...

Roberta, The color is "Silver Sage" by Restoration Hardware. Great in rooms with lots of light or little light...
Merry Christmas! Theresa

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! :-)