Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Make a Home for the Homeless...






I am so excited to be part of this amazing project to help a family in need. Without giving to much detail about the family, I can say this homeless family is well on their way to a new beginning. I was asked last week to work with these giving individuals who help families begin their new lives in a well furnished apartment. Most, if not all rooms are decorated from donated items. The picture above is just a small area of "decor" items in storage for our use.

I am decorating the living room, dining room and a toddler boys room. During my hunt today at the storage facility, I was able to accomplish a lot of the bigger items needed for these rooms such as sofa, chair, curtains, lamps, and some miscellaneous decor. I found the most adorable little valance with primary colors for the boys room. This was my inspiration for the rest. I couldn't let this little boy settle for mixed matched sheets, so I headed to the cheapest store I could think of. It starts with a "W" and that's all I am going to say. I just don't like that store, but the price is right for this particular project :) Of course I couldn't just walk out the door with only sheets. Included with my purchase was fleece material with the perfect colors with little cars and trucks, oh too cute. A great activity rug with the same primary colors so he could play with is cars and trucks in his room. The cars and trucks will be donated from my kids.

This Saturday is the reveal for the family. Be sure to check back next week for pictures of the finished project, I know I can't wait to see the faces on the entire family, especially the little boy's!
Theresa

1 comment:

Tangee said...

How very awesome!!! I can't wait to see the reveal. What a blessing this will be.