Monday, March 9, 2009

Down to the details...


We are finally near the end of our bathroom remodel. It really has been a challenge with the contractors. Of all people, I should have known to ask the appropriate questions of my contractor before he started, however.... The contractor is very professional and he was a recommendation from two reliable sources. But....his "workers" were not. Long story short, we had to literally have them come back and redo most of the tile work. It was that bad. Supposedly, the tile guys have worked for a leading commercial store but had never laid tile before for this contractor. Never be afraid to ask questions and assume the "workers" are as professional as the owner. Lesson learned!

After three weeks, we are finally happy with the results. Now it is down to the details. The contractor is going to seal the bathroom today so I can finish up the details this week. One thing I will share is the paint color. I wish I could take the credit for finding this perfect color but I can't. I was looking through my Spring "do it yourself" (www.bhg.com) magazine and read this amazing article on John and Sherry (thisyounghouse.com) documenting every detail of their remodel of their 50 year old ranch home. I too live in a ranch home and was amazed at the transformation. I just loved every color they chose for the home. One of the colors they used in their bedroom was "Gentle Tide" by Glidden. I am not going to paint my bedroom this color but thought it was perfect for the bathroom. It is such a calming color, I just love it. I typically don't use Glidden, so thank you John and Sherry for sharing this awesome color.


T






No comments: