Monday, April 21, 2008

One project down, three to go...














































Here are pictures of my china cabinet and server that I just completed.
Now I am on a mission to find just the right accessories to put back into the cabinet. I previously showcased all my wedding china and crystal in the cabinet. I don't want that look any longer. I want something fresh and different this time around. I'll share pictures of the completed cabinet once I fill it with all the right stuff!


The server is actually in my living room. When you walk into my house, you walk right into the living room. There really isn't a entryway at all. The server helps create a little "foyer" area when you walk into the house. I just put a few items on the server for now and couldn't resist putting out some of my shells already even thought it is still spring. I also need a bigger mirror to go over it, but put up one of my favorite tin mirrors for now until I find the perfect size mirror to put in it's place.
Next on the list of things to do is the dinning room table. As you know, I love to "redesign" and use what I already have kind of thing. Although the dinning room set is a little outdated, I didn't want to purchase new furniture. My children are still at the age of using markers and glue at the table. And yes, I still allow them to even though they have a craft table in the basement.
I sanded the top of the table and plan on putting a light coat of poly on top and painting the bottom of the table to match the cabinet. I am on a hunt for new chairs however.
My current chairs are way to country for my ever changing decor ;) I searched this weekend at several antique shops but now luck. I think I will have to break down and purchase some new chairs if I don't find any this weekend at one of the area's largest yard sales in Mt. Airy, Md. I can't wait. I just love finding treasures.

Hopefully next time you check back I will have pictures of the table and chairs to share.

Have a great day!

T
P.S. How To: 1. Lightly sand. 2. Prime using Kilz. 3. Two coats of Swiss Coffee (Behr) Eggshell finish 4. Lightly glaze furniture with: 1 part antique medium and 3 part glaze. Instead of distressing the furniture, I just shadowed (edged) the furniture with the glaze.

3 comments:

Sweet Designs said...

Wow, your funiture came out wonderfully! What a change.
Judith

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, that turned out GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

The china cabinet looks perfect! what a wonderful job! someday i hope to do the same to my tv cabinet, its pure black!